Instrument Landing Systems
The ILS (Instrument Landing System) Trainer is a fully interactive CBT application that will run on a standard PC in the classroom. It features a 3D environment with fully controllable airliner, a wide range of functioning ILS instruments, Nav Panel and clear visualisation of localizer beam and glideslope.
What Can It Do?
It provides everything an instructor needs to clearly describe, explain or demonstrate:
- Selection of ILS navigation frequency via Nav Panel
- Location and description of localizer and glideslope transmitters
- Location and description of aircraft antennae (including removeable radome)
- Explanation of how localizer and glideslope beams are created from overlapping lobes of different frequencies
- Explanation of how deviation from the optimum descent path is indicated to the pilot on a variety of different instruments
- Demonstration of ILS approach using localizer indicator, glideslope indicator, CDI, HSI, EFIS (PDF and ND) and ILS visual indicator lights
Other Similar CBT Products for Radar and Radio Navigation
Air Weather Avoidance Radar Trainer
Need something for your classroom but can't find a supplier?
Don't worry. We can provide fabulous bespoke training material for any subject, made specially to your requirements!